This Old House
We made a return trip to Reform to check the status of the school, church & house. The school is nearly the same shape as when we first visited back in 2018, with the exception of the left rear corner. The roof has a hole in it & the water is rotting out the corner of the school. The church was locked up, so we didn't get to go inside this time. The house, well, it was completely gone!
Reform was first established in 1887 and is located on the former Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad. At one point, Reform was home to three general stores. It was also once serviced by a cotton gin and saw mill.
A post office first began operation under the name Reform in 1888.
Lignite was once mined for local use near Reform.