Philadelphia Presbyterian Church

 The Philadelphia Presbyterian Church is a brick church located in Red Banks whose current physical incarnation dates to 1886, though the origins of the church go back much further.  The original Philadelphia Church was founded in 1844 by several recent settlers from North Carolina.  This first church was a log structure that was constructed a mile and a half northwest of the current location.  The log church was the 15th Presbyterian church to be formed in North Mississippi, and became part of the Presbytery of Holly Springs, which was formed in 1842 (and quickly renamed to the Presbytery of Chickasaw). Hill Country History

© 2020 by Lykins Films