Rodney Presbyterian | lykinsfilm

Rodney Presbyterian Church

In the year 1828, the Legislature of Mississippi granted a charter to the portion of Bethel Congregation worshipping in Rodney, Jefferson County, MS. Steps to erect the present brick church in Rodney were taken in 1829 with dedication on January 1, 1832. And so the years passed and the town of Rodney thrived and then died. By 1923 the church membership was down to approximately 16 members and paying their assigned pastor was no longer possible. From thence on services were held with visiting pastors and elders. The church was sold in the 1960's and received some renovations over the years. Over time the church fell into neglect. At this time it needs emergency structural support. ~ Rodney History & Preservation Societyhttps://rodneyhistory.org/

© 2019 by Lykins Films